Lately, Ukraine became one of the most attractive countries for investing in renewables. Beginning from 2014 legislation of Ukraine has been changed significantly. Now it is much easier and safer to invest in renewable power generation in Ukraine. The Law of Ukraine “On alternative sources of energy” refers to alternative energy sources: solar, wind, geothermal, hydrothermal, marine and hydrokinetic energy, hydroelectricity, biomass, landfill biogas and others including combined heat and power generation. Legal support of renewable energy projects is necessary at each stage of negotiation and obtaining permits, construction, commissioning and obtaining of green tariff.
Feed-in Tariff in Ukraine will proceed up till 2030.
We provide specialist legal advice and support to the renewable energy industry projects in Ukraine. If You have decided to develop or to invest in renewable energy projects in Ukraine, such as power production from solar, wind and biomass, biogas production we offer legal support in the following stages:
- Сorporate and tax planning and operations;
- Property support (lease or purchase of land or/and real estate);
- Elaboration of design and project documentation;
- Negotiations to state authorities (inc. NATIONAL ENERGY AND UTILITIES REGULATORY COMMISSION; State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine, DP “ENERGORYNOK”, energy supplying companies) and obtaining of necessary permits;
- Construction contracts advice;
- Facility commissioning;
- Obtaining of license for electricity generation;
- Electrical grid connection permission;
- Approval of Feed-in tariff;
- Renewable energy payments.
Our professional skills and experience in tax, construction, environmental and energy law enable us to provide our clients quality and qualified legal and consulting services in the renewable energy sphere.
We will be happy to accompany your project if you intend to build a solar, wind, biomass, biogas, hydroelectric or cogeneration power station in Ukraine.